After Christmas is time to relax!
So you've given you family some technology gadget for Christmas and you really didn't research it. It always seems to happen that way. We're so excited we found something that we think will do the job. I know all about this because my extended family seems to want to give these types of gifts to my kids and their own. So here is a quick breakdown on what I've observed over the last few days and what seemed to worked and what didn't.
- Kindle Fire HD 7' [Affiliate Link]-- So my sister got one of her kids this and I must say she wasn't happy. Here are a few things you need to worry about. Easily remove parental controls without a password, and no wall charger for it. Seems kind of useless to give to kids right now.
- Paper Jams Pro Guitar [Affiliate Link]-- My kid got this one, but It isn't really that good. I don't think it sounds anything like a guitar but it does work really well to entertain my kids. I personally would of wanted something a little more authentic but it does the job.
- Nintendo DS Lite [Affiliate Link]-- This is one of the ones that I bought my kids and knew they'd play this very much. It wasn't easy to find the games they liked but if you search around you should have a lot of success like I did. Worth the money I paid for it, keeps my kids happy.
- Cricket Phone [Affiliate Link]-- I have talked about Cricket Wireless in the past but recently they are being available in my local area. I might go back to them if it looks to be more reliable. I've loved them in the past but it seems to be a good choice for my daughter even if I didn't think she was ready for it.
- Skywriter UFO [Affiliate Link]-- Great little helicopter for my 7 year old. He loves to fly this helicopter around and write out messages. It was worth the money to buy this little beauty. It probably won't last long but it as least is being used and flown around the house.
So this was my quick breakdown on the electronics that worked and what you should be careful in your future buys. I'll be talking with my other sisters about what they gave their kids and will report back later. It however is just luck what works with my kids, as it probably does with your kids. So I just wanted to tell you my experiences and let you decide what they might want to get for their birthdays or next year when it comes to buying gifts.
Happy New Year and I'll see you in 2013!!
Want to say thank you for Paulstechtalk.com? Feel free to do so in the comments below, via PayPal or by visiting My Sponsors on this blog. If you purchase anything on Amazon.com using amazon.paulstechtalk.com, you pay the same price but a portion of the cost goes to support this blog.